A List Of Interesting British Literature Term Paper Ideas
British Literature has been a beacon for budding writers of different nationalities. Therefore, it offers vast space for term papers. It is interesting to comment on how British Literature itself went through too many ups and downs and found enough reference points to get inspired from.
You will not find it hard to choose a topic for British literature term paper. You will generally get a good collection to choose from. Here is a list of 10 exciting British literature term papers –
- A look into how women were viewed in literary works – In the medieval period, the women were often showed in poor light but Shakespeare changed all that with powerful characters in Lady Macbeth and Portia. An interesting term paper subject.
- A full case study on Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Scarlet Letter – This is a scintilla in the world of literature; bringing out the pangs of adultery and deception.
- A synopsis on the Victorian period – The Victorian period provided important literary works. The term paper would look into the impact that the period itself had on the works.
- The ingratiation of different cultures into Britain and its impact on literary works – Britain has always been very absorptive of foreign immigrants. The research would be on the influence of these fringe people.
- The ethos and manner of character evolution of Charles Dickens – Charles Dickens was a simple yet evocative writer.
- Works of the Lake Poets – You cannot come out of the works of Coleridge, Wordsworth and Southey without getting inspired. The term paper would have too many perspectives to use.
- Contribution of William Shakespeare – Now, this does not require any introduction but will have some thinking to do when presented in form of a term paper. His contribution is so immense that it is easy to bypass certain sections.
- Books on War and the impact they had on the gentry – Britain has been riddled with war and the sword has always had a credible impact on the pen.
- Clear demarcation of class in the 18th-19th century and the way it was represented – The difference in classes and the turning of people into pariahs gave birth to writers with a vengeance. Let the term paper shed light on that.
- A case study on D. H. Lawrence’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover – Lady Chatterley lover is a masterpiece which showed the world how to explain and beautify sex. The case study would be illuminating.
professional secrets for writing a strong term paper