A List of Inspiring Government Research Paper Topics
One of the major assignments that you will be asked to accomplish is writing a research paper. It is a larger paper than the ones that you write more regularly. Most teachers will only ask you to write one research paper for the class. You will need to conduct extensive research on a topic, analyze the materials, and come up with a lengthy paper describing your research.
Like the essays that you have written previously, you will need to come up with a thesis statement which is the main point of your paper. The thesis statement will answer your topic question and the body of your paper will prove why you believe your answer. Choosing an efficient topic for this type of paper is important. The topic has to be relevant to the course work. It should be intriguing so that it can capture your audience and it should be specific enough that you can conduct a solid research on it. Here are a few great suggestions to help you get started.
- Is the current welfare program effective?
- Does the child support program need reform?
- How effective is the federal Administration for Children and Families in stopping human trafficking?
- What are the effects of the Welfare Reform Act of 1996?
- How could the government have responded more efficiently to Hurricane Katrina?
- Has the “three strike rule” worked in keeping criminal offenders from continuing to commit serious criminal acts?
- What ways can the government lower the costs associated with the prison system?
- What are the different capital punishment procedures in different states?
- What are some of the current laws that were enacted by the Environmental Protection Agency and how effective have they been?
- What political obstacles does the EPA have to face when trying to promote environmental justice?
- What are the standards for students looking for financial aid and is it fair?
- How effective has the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 been?
- Does the No Child Left Behind Act force teachers to push ahead students that should have been held back?
- What are the effects and costs of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009?
- What is currently being done for the war on terror?
Choose the topic that you find the most interesting and conduct some preliminary research to develop your thesis and your outline.
professional secrets for writing a strong term paper