A Comprehensive Guide To MLA Research Paper Formatting
During high school, you will be required to write many different kind of papers and you have to know how to handle every style. The good thing is that very often you will have to write in the MLA format, which is one of the easiest that you can find. Of course, you have to pay attention to the specific elements because if you don’t, your professor will say that you did not complete the assignment. Here is a comprehensive guide for you:
- Create a title page. Most of the time you are required to build a title page, but this is not such a big problem. All you have to do is to write the title, your name and the name of your professor in simple way. You have to use the same font and the same size like you will use in the rest of your composition.
- Write numbers at the top of every page. This is a very important requirement for this style, so don’t forget about it. This will also help the readers find the information that they need in easy way. They just have to look at the outline and search for the page that they want.
- Make sure to leave space at the beginning of each paragraph. Instead of just pressing space several times, use the Tab button on your keyboard. In this way you can be sure that you will have the same space everywhere and your text will look organized.
- Leave space at the edge of the paper. The size of the space depends on the requirements of your professor, because this style gives you many options for this. It’s good to ask your supervisor before doing anything, just so you don’t waste your efforts in vain.
- Make sure that you only use italic font when you write words in another language. Don’t use bold or underline under any circumstance; this will be considered unprofessional by your teacher.
- Attach a references page if you want to save some space. This will also make your composition seem more complex and more interesting. Of course, if you only have two references in all your text, this page will not be necessary.
- Leave a space after every punctuation mark; also you have to leave space between the paragraphs and above and under a picture.
professional secrets for writing a strong term paper